Saturday, June 12, 2010

Reasons I did what I did

OK, so I decided last week or so that I didn't want my mom to be in my kids' lives anymore. I have tons of reasons for this. Unfortunately I deleted most of them... So now I have to remember everything and log it here. Ugh. 1) She's irresponsible. When my mom was living with me, (rent free), she was babysitting Marie when she was around 2 years old. Marie had just learned to open doors. Billy and I were on our way up the stairs, and there was Marie, at the top, in a shirt and a diaper. She was VERY close to the stairs. We went up, the door was open, and my mom was in a back bedroom, getting ready for work. She was sitting on the floor, putting make-up on. She didn't even know Marie had opened the door, or was even out of the room. Another instance with Marie: My mom heated up some food on a plate in the oven, and then fed a two year old off of the plate. Marie burned her chin badly enough that she had a mark for over 2 weeks. (Luckily it didn't scar.) I'm going to keep adding these types of things as I remember them, and as I can handle it. I'm kind of sick to my stomach now... 6/13/10 My mom moved in with me when i left josh. More on that situation later. When my mom finally moved out, she did it by throwing all her belongings in a pile, threatening to rip the computer out of the wall (because she bought it, but only because she INSISTED we have a better one than Josh), and screaming obcenities at me including the phrase "Josh was right. You're nothing but a follower and a bitch." Billy witnessed the whole scene. Oh, and so did the kids. She talks to my 10 year old (and has for several years) about sex and tells him stories about "the fosters" which were her physically and sexually abusive adoptive parents. She tells him stories about situations at work that are completely inappropriate for a child, involving drunk people, adult conversation, etc. I have asked her on numerous occasions to stop, and she insists it's not a big deal.

No comments: