Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ironworkers Local 433 Chart

I made this totally awesome hat for my husband, who's a Union Ironworker. Apparently it gets REALLY cold up there on those tall buildings in the winter. So he needed something very visible (hence the bright orange), but also very warm. So I thought "Hey, double knitting is warm. And that's something I haven't tried yet." And here ya go!

The hat is knit with the spud wrench pattern only, included in the knitting. The "433" was added later to both sides using duplicate stitch because (and I learned this the hard way) when you follow a pattern in double knitting it has to be reversible... which most letters and numbers are not...





If you have trouble saving the chart to your computer, I'll email it to you. keriboyle (at) yahoo. If enough people ask, I'll make it a pdf or something.

No comments: